Traditional methods of education have become a thing of the past. They are becoming more digitalized and being driven by technology innovations. AR in education serves a number of purposes. It helps the students easily learn, process, and remember the information. Thus, it makes learning itself more engaging and fun.
It is also not only limited to a single age group, but it can also be used equally in all levels of schooling, from pre-school education up to college, or even at work.
It has the potential to may make classes more engaging. Educators know that the learning process should be based on creativity and interaction, their goal is to get the students interested in the subjects. That’s where AR could come in handy.
Benefits of AR in Education
- Accessible learning materials. Augmented reality has the potential to replace physical textbooks, models, posters. It offers portable and less expensive learning materials. As a result, education becomes more accessible and mobile.
- No special equipment is required. Unlike VR, augmented reality doesn’t require any expensive hardware. Because most of the young generation know how to use the smartphones, therefore, AR technologies are available for use for the majority of the peoples.
- Higher student engagement and interest. Interactive, AR learning have a significant positive impact on most of the students. It keeps them engaged throughout the lesson and makes learning fun and effortless.
- Faster and effective learning. AR in education helps students to achieve better results through the best visualization subject matter. A picture is worth a thousand words. So, instead of reading theory about something, students can see it with their own eyes, in action.
- Practical training. Apart from schooling, professional training also gets benefits from the use of AR. It can help to master the practical skills required for a certain job.
- Medical student training. To practice in heart surgery without putting people in danger, if something goes wrong. Yes, it is possible with AR.
Uses of Augmented reality in education
- Augmented reality in the classroom. The most popular application for AR in education is the use of AR apps directly in the classroom. They provide teachers as well as students a visual representation of the material and help students test out their knowledge in practice.
- Distance learning. By using AR, students can learn even outside the classroom. Distance learning becomes easier and more efficient with AR-aided educational materials.
- Modeling. Quiz solving, manual training, hand exercises are a better method to earn knowledge of any lesson. AR apps for medical students helps to learn human anatomy and explore more deeply. Augmented Reality is basically an interaction with 3D models. And you can set the rotation, transparency, color scheme, styles etc.
Augmented reality apps for students
- StratAR (Android / iOS) by NexGen Innovators, an app for kids learning, StartAR Augmented Reality books includes learning languages (English & Hindi), General Knowledge, Counting and many more.
- Elements 4D (Android / iOS) is an app for chemistry students. It allows combining different elements to see how they would react in reality.
- Anatomy 4D (Android / iOS) is especially for medical students. By scanning printed targets the application shows 3D models of a human body allowing them to interact with it and learn more about parts, joints, functions etc.
Get in touch to find out how NexGen can work for your business or Read more about augmented reality.
Other keywords to search this article:
ar, augmented reality, learning with augmented reality, advantages of augmented reality