An average employer conducts over 14 interviews for each job requirement. It is crucial to stand out from other candidates since the competition is high. Most of the job seekers are unemployed mainly because of their inability to showcase their talent and skills. This is where digital portfolio helps you. Nowadays, Interviewers do not prefer to spend time reading your long professional history from your printed resume or CV. According to a recent survey, 56% of the employers are impressed by the glamorous personal website of the candidate. But, only 5% of the job seekers own one. A research shows 88% of the HR professionals hire the candidates with a digital portfolio. Employers do not fancy an oral narration of your work. They want to see how you actually did it. A digital portfolio for a job interview is the best way to show off your accomplishments. Some might be still wondering what a digital portfolio is and how beneficial is the digital portfolio for a job interview? So, let’s get to the basics!
What is a Digital Portfolio?
Who needs a digital portfolio for a job interview?
There is a myth that digital portfolios are just for those in a creative field. Long back, the digital portfolio was mostly used by designers, photographers and artists to show their work to the customers. But, those years are gone. Now, digital portfolios are used in almost all professions like teaching, writing, freelancing, marketing and much more. Due to the progress of the digital world, presenting your digital portfolio for a job interview enables you to give life to your resume. Overall, digital portfolio for a job interview is all about distinguishability and visibility.
Why do you need a digital portfolio for a job interview?
- The major advantage of a digital portfolio for a job interview is their speed and convenience. Digital portfolios can be easily shared over an email, social media, digital download links, messages and so on. Paper works can be saved and reviews, feedback or approval can be done with just a few
- The next advantage of the digital portfolio for a job interview is their easy updating feature. Your resume gets updated on your every accomplishment. Editing and updating your printed resume every time is tedious. But, when you use the digital portfolio for a job interview, you can easily update it within minutes.
- If you take a digital portfolio for a job interview, it can generate credibility for your work. The digital portfolio shows your strength and capabilities. So, the employers can easily see how you fit into their requirement. Your employers can visualize your working potential better.
- Creating an attractive digital portfolio for a job interview showcases your creativity. Offering presentations, white papers, YouTube videos, podcasts and so on can set you apart from others.
- If you are not verbally expressive, the digital portfolio can help you in your interview. Handing out a digital portfolio for a job interview can impress the interviewer and allows them to understand your capacity. Soon, the interview will become a discussion rather than a QA session.
How to create a digital portfolio for a job interview?
Creating a digital portfolio for a job interview is easier said than done. Though there is a long list of free tools to create a digital portfolio for a job interview, their limited functions allow you to design a mediocre portfolio. If you think about saving money and go for free tools, you might end up with the unimpressive design. It is better to contact a professional to create a digital portfolio for a job interview. There are many professionals who design great looking digital portfolios at an affordable price. Approach them and project your achievements easily.
Almost everything is digitalized in today’s world. Why carry the same old printed resume for an interview? It’s time to switch to the new smartphone technology. Get your digital portfolio today and rock your interview!!