What is Augmented Reality? It is a technology that combines the Physical World with the Virtual World to deliver an enhanced view of the object in the real world. what is AR(Augmented Reality)
A reality-based display environment that interacts with the real-world by the capabilities of computer generated graphics and sounds that combine the Physical World with the Virtual World using a smartphone or any other gadget.
History of AR(Augmented Reality)
- In the year 1901, L. Frank Baum, an author, first presented the idea of an electronic display/spectacles that overlays data onto real life and named it‘character marker’.
- Later in 1968, Ivan Sutherland, a computer scientist invented the first sort of Augmented Reality device a head-mounted display and named it “The Sword of Damocles”. He invented this with his student, Bob Sproull.
- After a few years, In 1975 a computer artist Myron Krueger established an artificial reality laboratory and named it “Videoplace”.
- In 2009, the introduction of ARToolkit by Saqoosha brings Augmented Reality to the web browser.
- In the year 2013,GoogleannouncesGoogle Glass Augmented Reality glasses. The glasses are connected to the Internet and the user’s cell phone. They respond when a user speaks, touches the frame or moves the head.
- Microsoftannounces Windows Holographic and theHoloLens Augmented Reality headset in 2015.
- 2016 was the year when Niantic releasedPokemon Gofor iOS and Android. The game quickly became one of the most popular smartphone applications and the popularity of Augmented Reality games was on peak.
Source – Wikipedia
Areas using Augmented Reality(AR)
- Military – The military has developed Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Head Mounted Display(HMD).
- Education – Teachers and Educators use AR based books for a better student’s learning experience. StartAR is one the best Augmented Reality Book platform.
- E-commerce – For a better product review, sellers are using the 3D model of the objects.
- Medical – For operating MRI equipment to performing complex surgeries and training students.
- Gaming – The gaming industries are making the best use of AR for a better experience.
- Tourism Industry – The tourism industry is using augmented reality for sightseeing.
- Entertainment – The entertainment industry is using AR technology to building a strong relationship with your branded characters and the audience.
- Business Logistics – Providing workers with more efficient ways to know about their job in today’s business environment is a very important aspect.
How to make an AR App?
Our company NexGen Innovators has quality experience in Augmented Reality development.
We have also developed a smartbooks based on Augmented reality for kids i.e. StartAR which helps kids in learning. It works on both Android and iOS platform. We are one of the best Augmented Reality Developers in Delhi, India. We have worked with many publishers. If you want to make your own smartbooks or any other product based on Augmented Reality feel free to contact us.
Get in touchto find out how NexGen can work for your business or Read more about augmented reality.
Other keywords to search this article:
Augmented Reality, what is AR, how to make AR app, uses of Augmented Reality app, history of AR, uses of AR.