You may have probably heard about the term CMS if you’ve heard it once you’ve heard it at least twice, but if you want to know what a CMS is and how you can use it then you are on a right place.
So, What is CMS? CMS is a short name for Content Management System. The content management system is basically a program that helps you manage all the content of your website.
Content includeswords, images, videos or document files.
Management includesadd, edit or delete the content.
System includes a platform to manage it all.
Advantages of CMS
- Friendly Interface.
- It’s easy to use for non-technical persons.
- Easy to install.
Disadvantages of CMS
- CMS are resource expensive.
- Security issue.
- For a simple and small site, CMS can be very heavy.
Popular content management systems
- Drupal – developedin 2003 by Mambo, It is used for complex, advanced and versatile sites, for sites that require complex data like online stores. For example,medspares.com ortaboola.com …read more.
- Joomla – developed in 2001 by Dreis Buytaert. It is used to build a site with more content and structure flexibility than WordPress offers. Supports E-Commerce, Social Networking and many more. For example, linux.com or gsas.harvard.edu …read more.
- WordPress – developed in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg, WordPress powers 32% of all websites on the internet. Used for simple websites such as everyday blogging and news sites and anyone looking for an easy-to-manage site. For example, techcrunch.com or vogue.in …read more.