What is Augmented Reality?
It is a technology that combines the Physical World with the Virtual World to deliver an enhanced view of the object in the real world. what is AR(Augmented Reality)
A reality-based display environment that interacts with the real-world by the capabilities of computer generated graphics and sounds that combine the Physical World with the Virtual World using a smartdevice.Meaning, AR allows the users to integrate digital elements with the real-world environment by using their smartphone/tablet.
History of AR(Augmented Reality)
- It all started in 1901, where L. Frank Baum, an author, first presented the idea of an electronic display/spectacles that overlays data onto real life and named it ‘character marker’.Consequently in 1968, Ivan Sutherland, a computer scientist with his student Bob Sproull invented the first-ever head mounted AR-display device called “The Sword of Damocles”. Fastforward to a couple of years later, in 1975 , a computer artist Myron Krueger established an artificial reality laboratory and named it “Videoplace”.
- Rolling forward to a few decade, in 2009, Saqoosha’s AR ToolKit bought the AR to the web browser. Consequently, in the year 2013, Google announced their Google Glass AR glasses. The glasses were connected to the Internet and the user’s cell phone and they respond when the user speaks, touches the frame or moves the head. Followed by Microsoft announcing Windows Holographic and the HoloLens AR headset in 2015. And finally, with 2016 being the year when Niantic released Pokemon Go for iOS and Android. The game quickly became one of the most popular smartphone applications and the popularity of Augmented Reality games was on peak.
Source – Wikipedia
Areas using Augmented Reality(AR)
- Military – The military has developed Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Head Mounted Display(HMD) for their aircrafts.
- Education – Teachers and Educators use AR based books for a better student’s learning experience. StartAR is one the best Augmented Reality Book platform.
- E-commerce – For a better product review, sellers are using the 3D model of the objects.
- Medical – From operating MRI equipment to performing complex surgeries and training students.
- Gaming – The gaming industries are making the best use of AR for a better experience.
- Tourism Industry – The tourism industry is using AR for sightseeing.
- Entertainment – The entertainment industry is using AR technology to building a strong relationship with their branded characters and the audience.
- Business Logistics – Providing workers with more efficient ways to know about their job in today’s business environment.
How to make an AR App?
Our company NexGen Innovators has quality experience in Augmented Reality development.
We have also developed a smartbooks based on AR for kids i.e. StartAR which helps kids in learning. It works on both Android and iOS platform. We are one of the best AR Delhi, India. We have worked with many publishers. If you want to make your own smartbooks or any other product based on Augmented Reality feel free to contact us.
Get in touch to find out how NexGen can work for your business or Read more about augmented reality.
Other keywords to search this article:
Augmented Reality, what is AR, how to make AR app, uses of Augmented Reality app, history of AR, uses of AR.