Technological advancements in the past few decades have significantly changed the medical industry. Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), as well as artificial intelligence (AI), are the technological advancements that are changing healthcare today.AR in medical
Today, AR app development sector is booming with focus on augmented reality app development. Here is a list of some of the benefits of AR app development in education.
Augmented reality usually uses a camera to let the user see the real world in real time. Artificial elements are then projected onto the screen. Widely known examples of AR technology areGoogle GlassandPokemon Go.
Benefits of AR in Medical
Augmented Reality has become one of the fastest growing technology. AR can help doctors to access the latest and most relevant information about their patients. Moreover, patients can also use AR for improving the quality of treatment and self-education. AR has the ability to create 3D images and can be very useful both for medical students and doctors.
- Nurture the learning.AR in medical creates fun and excitement for students. It stimulates a better learning process and increases the imaginative prowess of students. In the end, students grow their imaginative and thinking ability.
- Increased learning activity.The use of AR apps in education brings about an increase in student participation in class. With AR apps, students have access to education and learning models. These models aid better and a high-level understanding of subjects among students. The more students understand having better grasps of topics, the more their participation.
- Less expensive.The cost of acquiring educational materials and supplies is high. The expensive nature of 3D physical models, posters, and prototypes are discouraging. Large and intricate educational illustrations for schools are quite expensive. A good number of educational centers do not have the funds to buy and maintain these materials.
Useful AR apps in the Medical field
The uses of AR in medical industry has made lives easier for both patients and doctors. As the AR industry continues to push the boundaries of the technology and with the innovative partners in the healthcare space we expect many more interesting things in this field which will transform this industry at a new level.
- AccuVein. It helps doctors to locate patients’ veins more accurately for injections.
- Surgical Navigation Advanced Platform (SNAP). This lets physicians demonstrate their plans for surgery.
- Saagara.The overall physical/mental health and well-being of an individual can be improved using this AR app.
- VR Dentist. It is a dental app that uses virtual and augmented reality for educational purposes.
- Anatomy 4D. It is especially for medical students. By scanning printed targets the application shows 3D models of a human body allowing them to interact with it and learn more about parts, joints, functions etc.
Get in touchto find out how NexGen can work for your business or Read more about augmented reality.
Other keywords to search this article:
augmented reality, uses of augmented reality, ar in the medical, role of augmented reality in medical, benefits of ar apps, augmented reality apps.