With traditional methods of education becoming retro/old-school,the technology is paving its way into digitizing the education industry. With education becoming more digitized and being driven by technological innovations, the art of learning has been simplified. The use of AR in education serves a number of purposes.From helping the students to easily learn and process to remembering the information.Thus, converting the art of learning itself to be more engaging and fun.
The best part about the concept is the fact that it is not just limited to a single age group, but can also be used equally at all the levels of schooling.It starts right from pre-school education up to college, or even at work.
It has the potential to make classes more engaging. With Educators knowing that the learning process should be based on creativity and interaction, their goal is to make sure that the students are interested in the subjects. And that’s where AR could come in handy.
Benefits of AR in Education
- Accessible learning materials:Augmented reality has the potential to replace physical textbooks, models, posters. It offers portability and inexpensive learning materials.As a result, education becomes more accessible and mobile.
- No special equipment is required: Unlike VR, augmented reality doesn’t require any expensive hardware.In addition to it, with most of the young generation knowing how to use the smartphones, it is easier for them to use AR in their education with just their smartphones.
- Higher student engagement and interest: Interactive AR learning has a significantly positive impact on most of the students. It keeps them engaged throughout the lesson and makes learning fun and effortless.
- Faster and effective learning: AR in education helps students to achieve better results through the best visualization of their subjects. A picture is worth a thousand words. Thus, instead of the reading theory about a concept, students can practically watch it.
- Practical training: Apart from schooling, professional training courses can also avail the benefits from the use of AR. It can help the students to master the practical skills required for a certain job.
- Medical student training: To practice heart surgery without risking people’s hearts is a tough job.But,it is easily possible with AR.
Uses of Augmented reality in education
- Augmented reality in the classroom: The most popular application for AR in education is the use of AR apps directly in the classroom. They provide teachers as well as students a visual representation of the material and help students test their practical knowledge.
- Distance learning: By using AR, students can learn even outside the classroom. Distance learning becomes easier and more efficient with AR-aided educational materials.
- Modeling: Quiz solving, manual training, hand exercises are a better method to earn knowledge of any lesson. AR apps for medical students help them to learn human anatomy and explore the subject in a better way. Augmented Reality is basically an interaction with 3D models. And it allows you to set the rotation, transparency, color scheme, styles etc.
Augmented reality apps for students
- StartAR (Android / iOS) by NexGen Innovators, an app for kids learning, StartAR Augmented Reality books includes learning languages (English & Hindi), General Knowledge, Counting and many more.
- Elements 4D (Android / iOS) is an app for chemistry students. It allows combining different elements to see how they would react in reality.
- Anatomy 4D (Android / iOS) is especially for medical students. By scanning printed targets the application shows 3D models of a human body allowing them to interact with it and learn more about parts, joints, functions etc.
Get in touch to find out how NexGen can work for your business or Read more about augmented reality.
Other keywords to search this article:
ar, augmented reality, learning with augmented reality, advantages of augmented reality