Before completely understanding MR(Mixed Reality), we need to talk about AR(Augmented Reality) and VR(Virtual Reality). what is MR
AR (Augmented Reality) is a technology which brings digital elements to a live view using the camera on any smartphone. The best examples of augmented reality are Pokemon Go game and the Snapchat glasses.
Speaking of VR (Virtual Reality), it makes it possible for you to experience virtual objects anywhere at any time. Meaning, it is the most immersive type of technology that convinces our brain that we are at a diffrent place even though we are sitting on our couch. For instance, Using VR devices such as HTC Vive, or Google Cardboard, users can be experience into diverse environments.
And in the case of MR(Mixed Reality), it allows you to experience both AR(Augmented Reality) and VR(Virtual Reality) by integrating digital elements with real-world environment. Mixed reality technology is now starting to take off with Microsoft’s HoloLens.
Mixed Reality combines the best of both virtual and augmented reality, new environments and visualizations become possible where physical and digital objects exist in real time.
Some Applications of MR(Mixed Reality)
- Simulation-Based Learning.
- It takes learning to the next level. If a user doesn’t have enough space but wants to learn, Simulation-based learning can make them feel like they are in a very large space but in reality, they are just in their room.
- Wearable Holographic Computers.
- These wearables contain sensors that are mapped in the physical environment and create a holographic display. There are some very interesting applications for venues as users can pin these holographic images to physical objects.
- Heads-up Display.
- By using Head-up displays, the user can get important information in the front view where it is most helpful. To get useful information in front of them, Fighter pilots use this technology.
- Gesture Recognition.
- In mixed reality, Gesture Recognition is a new type of technology. It allows your gestures and real-life movements to affect your virtual gaming life and can bring a lot more fun to a simulated environment for learning.
Get in touch to find out how NexGen can work for your business or Read more.
Other keywords to search this article:
what is mixed reality, augmented reality, virtual reality, applications of mr, mixed reality applications, uses of mr.